The 1Sheeld+ is an easily configured shield for Arduino. It has a built-in bluetooth low energy module that gives to your Arduino the capability to connect itself to your iOS and Android phones. Thanks to the 1Sheeld app available on the App Store and Google Play Store you can easily associate your Android smartphone to it and turning your smartphone in a shield itself.
Once connected you can control your Arduino with the smartphone sending data and controlling pins but you can also do the opposite. The 1Sheeld library gives to your Arduino the full control of the smartphone. So the Arduino can send e-mails, control the Camera, use Voice Recognition, send Facebook and Twitter notification and basically everything a powerful smartphone can do.
It is compatible with 5V and 3.3V boards.
What can you do with 1Sheeld?
Sky is the limit! You have a powerful smartphone that can be used to control your RC car, tweet when plants are thirsty, and have fun playing with your friends.
We have already developed a variety of shields for 1Sheeld like LED, Toggle Button, Buzzer, Slider, LCD, 7-Segment, Keypad, Music Player, Game Pad, Notifications, Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Gyroscope, SMS, Flashlight and Mic. And we have many other shields coming in the pipeline.
Example of 1Sheeld shields
- GLCD Shield - Allows you to use your smartphone display screen as a graphical LCD screen for Arduino, so you can draw characters or interactive shapes with Arduino code.
- Color Detector Shield - Allows you to detect colors with your smartphone camera, and trigger the Arduino to take actions based on the colors detected.
- Internet Shield - Brings the power of IoT with the simplicity of 1Sheeld and Arduino to your door, so now you can handle Http requests, access certain REST api’s “even with JSON format” and get their responses then take a certain action using the Hardware experience.
- Pattern Shield - Turns your smartphone to a secret pattern locker shield so Arduino can take actions by a certain patterns defined by user.
- Voice Recognition Shield - Control your Arduino with voice commands with 1 line of code, you can trigger it to control a robot or talk to your home appliances!
- Text To Speech Shield - Let your Arduino board talk to you, get text from Arduino and convert into speech to hear through the smart phone's speaker.
- Data Logger Shield - Use the memory of your smart phone to log the data of a certain sensor with Arduino, you can export the data in CSV format.
- Terminal Shield - Turn your smart phone into a terminal and get the data from Arduino to your screen! Learn more from the examples page.
- Twitter Shield - Bringing twitter into your Arduino sketch. Twitter shield allows you to send tweets with only 1 line of code in your sketch.
- Facebook Shield - Helps you update your status on Facebook under certain conditions declared in your sketch.
- Email Shield - Send emails when any hardware event happens.
- Skype Shield - Skype is now in your sketch, feel free to call or video-call others when a certain condition is met.
- SMS Shield - Allows you to send an SMS to a phone number when a certain trigger is on.
- Camera Shield - Allows you to take pictures when a certain event happens, use your Arduino board to trigger the camera in your smartphone, you can take photos in the dark as well with the flash light.
- Gyroscope Shield - Tinker with the Gyroscope sensor in your smartphone and turn on some LEDs while playing with the by getting the values on the 3-Axis (X, Y & Z), you can use it also to drive an Arduino controlled car.
- Accelerometer Shield - Get the acceleration of a moving objects is easier now by writing a simple line in your sketch, the shield gets you the data of X, Y and Z axis of the accelerometer sensor in your smartphone.
And many more shields at http://1sheeld.com/shields